43mm Solvent Weld to 40mm Compression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, whats the correct way to make this transition?

The plumber fitted a new boss and pipe rununder the floor, surfacing underneath the bath, all in grey solvent weld pipe, which according to the 45 degree elbow (has stamped on it) is 43mm pipe.
The bath and fittings etc are all on 40mm compression white pipe.

Do you have to 'stretch' a 40mm compression washer over the 43mm pipe, (looks like it would be pretty tight!), or is there some other 'proper' way to do this?

Sponsored Links
the solvent weld pipe will fit into a 40mm compression fitting easy.

I'm guessing easy is a relative term? Stretched out under the bath trying to stretch the rubber washer over the pipe didn't seem 'easy' hence I didn't want to stretch it too far and find out I should have done it some other way.

I'm guessing easy is a relative term? Stretched out under the bath trying to stretch the rubber washer over the pipe didn't seem 'easy'....

The trick is to put the nut and washer(s) on the end of the pipe before finally installing the bath.

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

Unfortunately this is the section of solvent weld pipe that is poking up out the floor that the plumber put in, I'll just have to struggle it on, perhaps some kind of lubricant could be used? Would Boss White or something work?

don't put nothing on it or it'll just slide back off when tightened.

you should be able to slip the rubber seal over with one hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back