DIY Long flush pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the process of buidling a Wetroom and will be putting the toilet Cistern in the loft (Cistermeiser flush master - electronic). I guess it will be like a High level csitern but with Infra red sensor to initiate the flush.

The problem I have is that I need a long flush pipe (about 2.3metres) and first considered constructing one using 40mm ABS pipe (43mm outside diamter - 40mm inside diamter) with a solvent weld bend. But ive since learned that flush pipes are 38mm outside diameter. All pipe work will be hidden in a partition wall so I dont want compression fittings to convert between 40mm to 38mm. I am after eiether a long 38mm flush pipe (1 peice) or 38mm solvent weld piping. Any ideas or is 40mm solvent weld pipe (OD 43mm) likely to fit in the flush cone OK?

Any ideas / help appreciated! :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
go to a plumbers merchant and ask for some help, ie get a flush pipe connector and either 32mm or 38mm pipe and see what fits, remember you will also need something to connect onto the syphon so check that as well,

Hi 35mm pipe will fit pan cone, use solvent weld pipe, 135 degree bends if offset is required 90 degree bend at pan.
You could have a problem with to much pressure when flushed this will spill out of pan, why are you not thinking of using a concealed cistern?.

Thanks for the advice. I dont really want a concealed cistern as this will need an access panel which will ruin the look of the wetroom - even if I use tiles with silicon surround. As far as the flush being to powerfull, im gonna experiment with teh flush pipe in place before I buy the electronic valve to see if any water splashes out of the pan. Im hoping it should be OK as the Cistern is only marginally higher than a victorian style high level cistern. If I do get some splash, I will try restricting the pipe in the loft to reduce the pressure. Out of interest are toilet pans used with high level cisterns as opposed to low level designed differently to get around splash?

Sponsored Links
35mm?? I think he means 32mm.

Please DO let us know how it works!!! I also fancy puttng the cistern in the loft. Pans are all designed for 6 litre flushes now, all the high level ones would have been 9, so rather different.

You can still get long fluch pipes - I'll look

These guys do a few - you could join to make longer Search on High Level Flush:.....
http://www.bes.co.uk/products/graphics/12606.gif

Cheers. I guess 32mm (inside diameter) solvent weld pipe is approx 35mm outside diameter. I will try both 40mm and 32mm solvent weld pipe to see if either / both work ok with the pan / flush cone. Nowing my look 40mm will be too tight and 32mm to loose but we will see. Im gonna buy a cheap central heating cistern next weekend and connect it to my DIY flush pipe and test a 6 litre manual water drop to see if it works. If this goes well then I will go ahead and buy the cistermeiser and connect the real deal up. Should have it all working with next week or 2 and I will keep you posted. One thing to note is that with this install you need to extend the infra sensor wires (only 1m long as standard) on teh cistermeiser valve and cistermeiser have stated this should be 0.5mm2 (bloody heavy duty) wire to ensure teh solenoid will operate OK.

t tried things with 40mm solvent weld pipe - fits into flush cone and toilet - tight fit but no leaks. Ive also got a 40mm female compression fitting from Polypipe that I can solvent weld onto the cistern end of the flush pipe for a decent connection to the Cistermiser.

Ive done a test flush down the 2.3metre pipe using a full bucket of water (about 10 litres) and the flush is good ie nothing splashes out of the pan and just looks like a powerfull flush.

Im now ordering the Cistermiser Easyflush as this should all work and will be connecting it over teh weekend. I will provide an update whem done, but it will work.

Please DO let us know how it works!!! I also fancy puttng the cistern in the loft. Pans are all designed for 6 litre flushes now, all the high level ones would have been 9, so rather different.

A friend had a toilet cistern, an old bell type, installed in his loft. It worked fine, SFAIK. It might be liable to freeze, unless insulated.

Low-level/6 litre cisterns often block and need 3 or 4 flushes to clear them, which seems counter-productive.

t tried things with 40mm solvent weld pipe - fits into flush cone and toilet - tight fit but no leaks. Ive also got a 40mm female compression fitting from Polypipe that I can solvent weld onto the cistern end of the flush pipe for a decent connection to the Cistermiser.

Ive done a test flush down the 2.3metre pipe using a full bucket of water (about 10 litres) and the flush is good ie nothing splashes out of the pan and just looks like a powerfull flush.

Im now ordering the Cistermiser Easyflush as this should all work and will be connecting it over teh weekend. I will provide an update whem done, but it will work.

Before you get carried away, you cannot solvent weld the flush pipe, pipe, its a different matterial.

Just make one up with normal pipe and fittings, although if you just slide the cistern end into the pipe in the vertical plain then it will probably be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back