45 degree entry to shallow inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I am altering the soil connection at the inspection chamber at head of drain.
it is a multi plastic chamber under 600mm deep 320mm diameter. the soil from the svp enters and exits straight through. I need to alter the position of the svp and this looks like it could connect with a 45 un used inlet. I would the blank off the 0 degree inlet.
Would this work or will i get blockages? is it better to rotate the chamber and put a 45 degree bend on the outlet?

Sponsored Links
I asked as the problem was pointed out in hunter inspection chamber literature 7
item 7.08 figure 2

they say if only one inlet used could be a problem or if speed of flow is high which it will be coming from an svp.

I wondered if anyone had come across this as a problem.

I may remove the 330mm chamber and put in a 230mm with 45deg bend from svp to inlet and staight through the chamber in line with outlet run.

The outlet run is 3m from main manhole with sewer, do i need the inspection chamber at head of run by svp?

Sponsored Links
Cam have problems with the solid matter fouling the benching on the opposite side of the chamber if there is a high velocity flow entering from one side. How far is the run from chamber to SVP? A short run will exacerbate this problem.

If need be I'd move the chamber along slightly and either fit a 45 ° on the inlet or use 2 x 22.5 ° bends, one either end. If you use the 45 bend on the outlet and it blocks up you're poking around in a full chamber to find it, use it on the inlet and you can see what you're doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back