United Kingdom
I'm installing an additional keypad to my enforcer32-WE as follows:

Panel > Keypad
-----------------

D1 - >>>> 12v -
D2 + >>>> 12v +
D3 >>>>> D3
D4 >>>>> D4

I've gone into ASSIGN KEYPADS on the panel and set to ADDRESS[0] (only have one key pad) and set the same on the external keypad. When I come out of engineer mode, I get a panel alarm and "485 Bus Fault".

Prior to this, I am able to go into the external keypad's menu option (holding down D) and set everything up.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Assign keypads & readers menu, make sure adress 0 & 1 are set to keypad.

Press & hold D on the extra keypad & set this to 1 then exit. Press & hold D on panel and make sure this is 0. Go in & out of eng mode to save changes.

Blimey that was it! So Address [0] is the internal kaypad built into the panel? All working now thank you

Spoke too soon! The keypad works fine, but if I go into the keypad's Security Menu (holding D), whenever I exit by pressing A, I get "485 Fail Kpd" and the internal alarm sounds with the yellow triangle. Same as if I do this on the panel's keypad. The panel's keypad is set to [0] and the extra keypad set to [1].

Should there be any resistors between panel and keypad?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
IMG_1357.PNG
In panel menu is keypad ( address 1 ) set as a keypad ?

Yeah this does seem to happen, after exiting the keypads internal menu you get a 485 Coms lost then it comes back online. I wouldnt worry about that. As long as both keypad panel are working.

Ok thanks, annoying but shouldn't need to enter the menus really from now on.

A RS 485 serial data link requires a line termination resistor across the pair at the end(s) of the cable.

Without the terminating resistor data transmission can suffer from data corruption due to reflection from the un-terminated end of cable.

The resistor may be included in the last module on the cable or it may have to be fitted externally.

An intelligent RS485 master may check for the terminating resistor and if no resistor is found it will then reconfigure itself to a slower data rate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back