Castle Euro Mini;Problems adding an additional RKP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems adding a second keypad to a castle euro mini. I've never done it before though I've installed several euros and the similar pyronix PCX systems without trouble.

I installed the original system a few years ago without a problem using one RKP.
Now I need to add another. I ordered a new keypad and wired it in as per the manual.

Then I checked the original keypad was addressed as '00' (it was).
I went into the keypad menu of the new RKP and set the address to '01' and saved it.

Then I went to the original keypad and went into engineer mode. I checked the 'keypad 00' type was set to 'keypad' and then added a new keypad at address '01' of type which I changed from 'not used' to 'keypad'. The only other type-option here is 'tag reader'.

When I exited engineer mode, the panel went into fault mode with the code '485 fail - 201'. The manual translates this as 'there is a problem with keypad 01', (new RKP). I guess it's complaining it can't see a keypad on address 01.

The new RKP is blank, lit up, but won't communicate with the panel. I can enter keypad settings and check the address etc but as soon as I exit, it goes blank. If I drop the RS485 wires off, it reports '485 link fault' so it's obviously seeing it's in the loop.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??!

Sponsored Links
that sounds correct , fitted one the other day with two keypads , as long as you have gone into keypad set up and changed 01 to keypad it should work , did you exit engineering as it saves the changes at this stage ?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps try re-addressing keypad 01 as 00 and see if it works in the position of the original keypad. Also worth checking the new keypad on a short piece of alarm cable straight into the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back