Pyronix euro mini KEYPAD - no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the Pyronix Euro Mini alarm system installed in my home. A few days ago the battery needed replacing and for some strange reason I thought this would be in the keypad. I checked inside and found nothing. Only then when going on line I worked out where the battery was. I got myself a replacement from screw fix and thought that would do the trick.
At first the lights on the pannel turned blue as normal. But on the screen there were just white bars going across. I thought maybe it was charging but was the same the next morning. Now I have no power getting to the keypad pannel which is just blank. Checked the fuse which is fine. There is a small red light flashing in the main box so all seems ok there.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 15728918845415684657142738685957.jpg
    15728918845415684657142738685957.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 529
Sponsored Links
How did you check the fuse ?
Did you trap /dislodge any cables when you took the keypad off of in the main panel

There were 4 wires going into the keypad. Red, yellow, blue and white. I detached the white wire to stop it sounding. But upon getting the new battery, I put the white wire back in and screwed it down. That's when I got a blue keypad lit up but with bars going across the screen.

I got my Dad to check the fuse and he said it was fine. That was the first thing he looked at. But now there is no blue lights on keypad?

Sponsored Links
Attached one below

Attachments

• 15728989540374381533996083271918.jpg
    15728989540374381533996083271918.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 613
Don’t think that resistor should be across the + and - for a start ....did you remove it at any stage

I removed the board as I thought the battery was on the other side.... Stupidly!!

Apologies as I'm no whizz with this, what does that mean exactly??

There is no need for the resistor I would get rid of it, also when you said you checked the fuse which fuse there is a data bus fuse specifically for the keypad on the control panel.

As for the wiring make sure all the colours match on the d1 to d4 on the keypad and main panel.

Hi Bianco, the fuse I checked was separate to the main box. But was next to it on the wall.

Also, is the resistor the paper clip type thing where the wires are going in?

.....FFS ... POST picture of the wires going into the main control panel from the keypad ...the resistor should NOT be across + and - .....only across a data end of line ....it’s not needed on this panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back