Euro Mini Hard Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have recently got a Castle/Pyronix Euro Mini system where the original installer is no longer assisting me.

I am trying to reset the system completely and then programme it myself - to allow the installation of extra sensors, and also to change some of the settings only available in the Engineer's interface.

The usual way to reset the system is through the engineer's settings, but this isn't helpful if the code is not known anymore. I understand that there is a method to reset the whole system without the code (presumably by connecting to terminals on the main board thereby clearing the NVM).

Can anyone advise me how to do this - otherwise the whole board and keypad will have to be replaced which is a shame since I actually quite like it as a system.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Sponsored Links
Hi Jadele,

Thanks for the suggestion. But yes, I have tried 1111 (engineers menu) and 2222 (master key menu). I have the master key menu PIN, but for setting up the system you need the engineer's menu access PIN. The master key menu allows user editing, enabling / disabling engineers access and read only view of the logs as well as walk test. It doesn't allow any changing of the system settings.

That is why I need to know how to reset the system back to factory defaults, but without the engineers code. There is a method for clearing the NVM using the main board, I believe. That is what I seek.

Thanks again.

you could try calling the manufacturers tomorrow. make up a company name etc

Sponsored Links
Yes - I did wonder about that - and about the verification that they can really have as to whether you are an alarm company or not!! Major installers excepted, not everyone will even be Companies House registered!!

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I've had this exact alarm setup in my house. I have changed the code, and now the alarm goes off I cant disable it. I've tried my code, the master code 2222, and the engineer code 1111. I'm trying to work out what stores the code, I've taken the small keypad unit apart but that doesn't look like its the brains of the system.

Is there like a cmos battery in a PC I can remove to reset the system back to factory defaults?

Has anyone had any luck in resetting this system? Sometimes I get the message entry time come up when the alarm is going off, not sure what this means.

Call out is £50 for an engineer, and a cost for how long he is there for. There must be a simple way of resetting this unit.

If you want a hard reset then try find some reset pins on the panel logic board. I'm sure newer panels still have them.

No reset pins on the euromini and unless you are confident of reprogramming the system the £50 is going to be the best option , have you tried 1234 this user 1 code tends to get forgot about and doesn't always get changed !

When I flip the rcd on for the alarm power, it starts going off straight away.

How would I go about reprogramming it? Do I need additional hardware or is it resetting pins on the board or keypad number combination?

I held down D and entered 2000, now the display stays blank and the alarm keeps going.

What can I do now? Did I do the wrong clean code, there is 2000, 2001, and 2002.

Is there any way I can get the system back up and running again?

Thanks for your help in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back