Pyronix Euro Mini Prox cannot be armed/set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The system is installed in a 2017 new-build and comprises a Pyronix Euro Mini Prox, with Euro Mini control panel and MEQ Blue PIRs.

The PIR/Detectors are connected as per DEoL configuration, with the zone wiring entering via the N/C terminal, passing through two resistors in serial (4k7, 2k2) and exiting via the outermost tamper terminal (see picture)

full

For the first 3 years up until July, the system worked as expected, but from August when being armed it continues to bleep for several minutes without setting. The control panel logs confirm that the system failed to set, and there are no alerts displayed on the control panel.

All inputs/zones pass the walk test apart from the entry zone, so I initially replaced the PIR with a new one (connected as per the original installation) and tested the resistors to ensure they matched the indicated impedance. On a different PIR (in another room), I measured 13.2V across the zone terminals and 13.6V across the Aux/power terminals, whereas the entry-zone PIR measures 13.2V across zone terminals and 0V across the Aux/power terminals.

I therefore assume there is either a break or short in the zone wiring or a fuse blown within the panel, but I would expect any fuse to affect all zones, not just the entry zone?

We had a wasp nest problem around the same time in July, so I am leaning towards the conclusion that the wiring must have been compromised by the wasps.

I haven't opened up the main panel yet, but I assume the tamper response on these Euro Mini systems can be reset by entering the user code in the control pad? We don't have the engineer code. Thereafter I could run a continuity test on the wiring to confirm the damage.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
See those spare cores …..brown orange , blue yellow …..twist them together in the pir ….now find the cable in the control panel and test to see if they are still intact , I would probably swop the red and black for orange and brown …as it seems you don’t have any power at the detector so one of those is damaged …

See those spare cores …..brown orange , blue yellow …..twist them together in the pir ….now find the cable in the control panel and test to see if they are still intact , I would probably swop the red and black for orange and brown …as it seems you don’t have any power at the detector so one of those is damaged …

Great idea. Yes, the installer used an 8-core cable, so the simplest solution (rather than re-cabling) is to test the continuity of the unused cores and (hopefully) find two of them that are undamaged.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back