5.2Kw Double Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've purchased a Hotpoint Double Oven, 5200W / 230 = 22.6 A ???.

Which type of T+E cable should I use - 6mm2 or 10mm2 ?

Thanks
[/img][/list]

Sponsored Links
Depend upon where the cable is, are you asking about the fly lead from the cooker to the wall or the fixed wiring from the CCU?

True BJ but 2.5 would be ok for a fly lead in air, rating is 27Amps, Method 1.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,
A friend, suggested "the biggest cable you can find"!!, but he's a North Sea Tiger!!... anyway the lead would be from the appliance to the wall, then 'probably', hard wired into the CU. I say 'probably' because, after some investigation and testing,(previous query) the ccircuitIS dead from behind the enclosure on the wall and also to the 45A double pole cooker switch and beyond.
At the CU under the stairs in the hallway, the 30A 'cooker' fuse is wired up to my upstairs shower!!(10mm2 cable, by the way) and there is no visible sign of the the 6mm nor 10mm lead/circuit from the kitchen, although it looks like there had been a circuit at one time and has been removed.....

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back