5-lever Door Sash Lock With Internal Thumb Turn - No Key?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Don't know if I'm being stupid? Customer wants a sash lock whereby the dead bolt can be locked from inside the house via a bathroom-like thumb turn and not a key. Obviously from outside the house the standard key will be used.

They have habit of locking the "back door" from inside, leaving the key in place in the lock, leaving the house via the front door - then wanting to re-enter the house via the back door - which of course they can't 'cos they left the key in place on the inside!

Don't know if such a thing exists, or what it may be called. Google returned nothing and I'm running out of life ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Sponsored Links
You could provide this by using a mortice sashlock with either a euro cylinder or an oval cylinder with a thumb turn on the inside or an escape lock such as the Briton 5250.57 with a half cylinder outside and a handle inside.
BUT all these answers are not good for the security of the property. Thief enters through small window and can leave carrying customers brand new 60in plasma screen or what ever staight out the back door.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

DC.

Thanks for suggestions. I've just realised I have been stupid afterall; customer is going to supply their own architectrual black gothic iron-like handles - it's part of a converted church!

Imagine that's just made it impossible!?

Agree about the security aspect, but that's negated if they simply leave the key in the lock anyway?

Cheers,
Neil

there are a few Escape locks that work that way, but they are very expensive. They are not BS rated.

I may possibly have one, 5 lever Wellington, NOS, in my collection, but it would cost you £50. Is it worth me looking?

Sponsored Links
Hi John.

Cheers for the offer. Managed to source a Euro cylinder case and seperate thumb-turn Euro cylinder in the end.

Regards,
Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back