5 lever locking system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
both my front and back doors are giving me the same problem. when i lift the door handle the 5 lever locking system will not engage (the locks do not move). The key will only turn partially in the lock and it only just engages the main lock; however because the key does not turn fully I am unable to remove the key from the lock. What is the best option? is the lock esy to repair? :( :(

Sponsored Links
See other threads on the same topic - likely to be the door has dropped and the mechanism is not engaging in the corresponding frame strikes. If the door locks when open, and all the hooks etc move - then this is your problem. If not, then the mechanism is knackered and needs replacing. Either get a locksmith to do it, or take a look at some of the internet sites that sell to the public e.g. www.multipointlocks.co.uk

breezer said:
try it with the door open, if it works door has dropped

This works sometimes with older doors but a lot of newer doors have locks which are designed not to engage when the door is in the open position. This is to protect the locking mechanism from damage just in case someone decides to slam the door shut and bend the shoot bolts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back