sash lock on wood door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking for ideas on how i can open a door on a property were a letting company has been left with no keys , a sash 3 lever lock is fitted to back door and has no keys to open it
any help would appreaited

Sponsored Links
First step is to contact the agent

second step is to contact the previous tenant

third step is to contact the owner

are you inside the house?

Have you got an angle grinder?

the agent has no keys
the land lord has no keys
previous tenant has change lock, hence nobody has no keys
there asking me to change lock , but first i need to gain access to property
to change lock

you only mentioned the back door

if you can't get in, then the owner needs to employ a locksmith.

Be aware that no-one on this website can tell a poster who is a homeowner from a poster who is a trainee burglar.

Sponsored Links
im not a trainee burgluar, been putting post on here for over 4 years
just looking for advices or tips on opening door
tyoy

If its a 3 lever lock, then it's a very simple opening for a locksmith, who will have you in within minutes of arriving. Once in the lock needs changing for a 5 lever BS rated sashlock that meets insurance guidelines for the property.

If you are doing the work, ensure you obtain written authority from the letting agent authorising you to gain access to the property - you will need this when the local PC comes to have a friendly chat with you.

In your shoes, I'd sub out the door opening to a local locksmith, then change the lock yourself. You'll only cause damage to the door/frame, requiring materials and time to rectify - cheaper to sub out the opening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back