500w flood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
customer wants 500w flood to guard driveway and absolutley insists on maximum shock when approaching front door as they have had windows smashed on 3 occassions. I have tried to explain that 150w will do the job as i am concerned about breaching some bylaw or something about light polution in a residential area and the fact that when we hit winter it will be energising for every visitor. Shall i just go ahead with a 5 second timer or walk away?. no pun intended

Sponsored Links
I 've just had a thought, i could put a timer in the circuit. but what about the 500w anyway

I tend to normally explain to the client regarding L1B however if they insist then just get a written waiver on behalf of any of your design.

Sponsored Links
thanks flameport and widdler, i'll continue with the 150w approach and quote your kind information, I have told them that i cannot guarantee it will prevent the vandalism. cheers

Use a 500 watt fitting and fit a 150 watt lamp.
The owner can always change it to a 500w if desired.
Some fittings round here now come with a 400 watt lamp.

Better hurry, Flameport's notice changes in October this year.

2010 guide P123

It will become 100W per lighting fitting instead of 150W and 45 lumens/circuit watt instead of 40.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back