50mm waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a run of 3.8m to the outside wall for a shower waste and a run of 4.5m for a kitchen sink waste.

I am looking at using 50mm solvent weld. I know I can get shower traps in 50mm size but for the sink could I just use a normal 40 trap and fit a reducer or does this defeat the point of using 50mm pipe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nige

The straight runs luckily sit between the joists and will exit in the wall and then have a 90 bend on them to feed into a hopper and the soil pipe.

At this point (going through the wall) can i buy an access bend for pipe ? A bit similar to a soil pipe bend with an access hatch?

If not how do i allow for cleaning these runs ?

Sponsored Links
Any idea on the best position for this Tee ?

The straight run will be under the carpet, so i suppose i could put the Tee next to the wall and make a note where it is under the floor.

Or do i fit it on the section coming up out of the floor and into the cabinet for the kitchen sink ?

Thanks Nige

The straight runs luckily sit between the joists and will exit in the wall and then have a 90 bend on them to feed into a hopper and the soil pipe.

?
tee with access plug in place of bend (y)

Last edited:
Of course !!

So how how do you clear this size of pipe ? Is there a special size rodding kit plumbers use for 32/40/50mm size pipes ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back