Waste pipes???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Apolgies beforehand if this is a stupid question.

I've been replacing some of the waste pipe in my bathroom (2"/50mm) used the push together fittings with solvent. All done no probs!

The waste pipe on my shower is 1.5"/40mm so i've put a 50mm-40mm reducer into the T piece i fitted on the main waste pipe.

The 1.5"/40mm pipe doesn't fit snugly into the reducer as all the 2"/50mm fittings did together. Is there some other fitting i so get for the end of the pipe or is a healtly amount of solvent good enough?

Cheers for any advice

Stu

just seen an thread that says solvent weld and push fit pipes are slightly different diameter......right??? If so that'll be the cause of my much swearing :D

Sponsored Links
are the pipes and fittings different brands?

are they the same colour?

edited: just seen your extra comment - it sounds like you have incompatible pipes and fittings :(

p.a. If you look at the "compression" fittings, where there is a rubber ring inside that gets squashed when you tighten the nut, they are quite tolerant of slightly different sizes, as they compress down onto the pipe. they are a bit ungainly, though.

The 50mm pipes are solvent weld and bought from my local plumbing center. I bought the 40mm stuff in B&Q tho and i know they only stock compression and push fit stuff.

I betting if i get some 40mm solvent weld pipe its going to fit.......maybe :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back