Grohe Talentofill waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a Grohe Talentofill (28991000) now need to connect the waste. As usual the waste now poses a problem. It appears that the swivel waste outlet of the Talentofill had an outside diameter of 47mm. At first I figured this must be a 50mm compatible fitting (as stated in the Grohe drawing), however I think 50mm solvent weld pipe will have an inside diameter less than 47mm. (I've not used 50mm pipe).

Therefore my question is how do I connect this waste to solvent weld 40mm? Hopefully somebody will have experience of the Grohe filler system?

Thanks in advance for any replies/advice.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not yet, getting some 50mm pipe to see if it fits, then if it does I'll get a 50-40 adaptor.

50mm pipe too big. It would probably be ok with some silicone but not really happy with that. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
cut the 50mm socket off and use a 1 1/2" McAlpine T28M multifit straight coupling on the 40mm.

Attachments

• Grohe 28991 Talentofill.jpg
    Grohe 28991 Talentofill.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 489
Thanks Jim, just looked it up and it is sold in Screwfix. This will be ok for solvent weld 40mm pipe?
Seems a shame to cut the fitting up but if it isn't compatible with anything I don't really have much choice. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back