32mm or 40mm waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Not a plumber but have a question i wish to know the answer too, because it is winding me up.

32mm or 40mm waste pipe:

Whats the differance between buying the pipe for solvent weld or push fit. I prefer to use solvent weld but when i look in the screw fix catalogue to buy the same amount of pipe 30m is nearly twice as much under the solvent weld section.

Solvent weld 30m x 40mm £35.99

Push fit 30m x 40mm £17.99

Compression fit 30m x 40mm £17.99

is it different pipe? and if so how comes when you go into a builders merchants you just ask for the size pipe you want and they give it to you, they have never asked once what type of fitting i am using.

Any idea guys

Steve

Sponsored Links
Any One ?

None of my site plumbers can tell me either....they all go....errrrrr.....lol

example.
40mm pushfit pipe will not fit 40mm comp or solvent fittings and vise versa.
40mm comp / solvent pipe will fit either fitting comp/solvent but solvent pipe glues better and quick than comp pipe.

Sponsored Links
I think most builders merchants only stock push fit which is probably why you are not given a choice, go to a plumbers merchants & they will always give you a choice.
As for the price difference that will be because they are made from a different type of plastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back