Plastic waste pipes - a lesson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A lesson learnt the hard way!

40mm Push fit and compression waste pipes and 40mm solvent weld waste pipes are not actually the same diameter on the outside of the pipe. So be sure you pick up the right ones!

I wasted a few bob! :cry:

Sponsored Links
i think you will find push fit pipe has a slightly thicker wall ,also i believe they are each made from something different

hi

so can you use push fit joints on normal 40mm waste pipe ?

I have a normal 40mm waste pipe and i want to use push fit joints and push fit pipes. Can i use a straight push fit coupling to join the normal pipe to the new push fit pipes together?

thanks

lawk said:
hi

so can you use push fit joints on normal 40mm waste pipe ?

I have a normal 40mm waste pipe and i want to use push fit joints and push fit pipes. Can i use a straight push fit coupling to join the normal pipe to the new push fit pipes together?

thanks

The problem here is there is no "normal" pipe.
There are different sizes for solvent and push-fit.

"When a problem be here, a compression fitting be near."
i.e. use compression when there is a problem with connecting 2 sizes.

Sponsored Links
Use a compression fitting then choose from there choose whether you want to be solvent or push fit cos you aint gonna mix'em

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back