535mm wide gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother wants to replace her Cannon Stratford Gas Cooker. This cooker is 535mm wide and her kitchen has been built around it so the gap to fit a new cooker is just under 550 mm. The question is, does anyone still make cookers that are 535mm wide? A 550mm cooker would be too tight (touching the cabinets either side). Am I going to have to settle for a 500mm wide cooker and put up with the gaps each side? Any help/advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That sounds like an imperial size kitchen based around 21" modules (a quick conversion from 535mm) and of course these days all are metric so you may well have to go for the 500mm size. I doubt you will find anything to fit as the old one did.

standard sizes, 500, 550. 600mm so your stuck with a 500

Be careful what you buy, lots of cheap imported cookers at 500mm wide
If you want a decent one make sure its not ,made in turkey,or outside of the EU eg China :)

and do'nt believe the salespeople in the shops

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback. I think she will go for the 500mm Cannon.
If you're buying a 500mm cannon then basically you might as well look at 500mm indesits too as they are the same cooker only with different doors, the cannon factory that made the 535mm cookers went a few years ago, everything cannon now is just a rebadged indesit, I can't think of any 500mm cooker I would want to give money for nowadays.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back