54 plate 2 litre peugot 206cc rear light and sidelight issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hoping someone can help, a man stopped me in asda n said my back lights were out they flickered then went. I checked all round and side lights and rear lights were out checked number plate both bulbs had blown. Rear fog light stays on I've changed both bulbs checked fuses and still have no back lights all other functions lights etc are fully working any ideas please? Would be gratefully received it's a 54 plate 2 litre 206cc the allure

Sponsored Links
The first thing to check is the tightness and security of the wiring that accesses both of the rear lamp units - its an awkward multi plug and is known to give connection issues. There is also an earth connection to the body shell nearby so if you could check that too. If no joy....
The 206 is notorious for allowing water to access the fuse box - if you found any dampness there then that's the issue.
However, there are fuses under the bonnet as well as in the regular place under the dash, so please check them.
On one occasion I have had to replace the column turn switch as that packed in, but on that one the indicators misbehaved too.
John :)

Hiya thank you so much for reply in my I've ran an earth between both sidelights using passenger headlight as a conduit n have rear lights but still no sidelights

Ok, so the rear lights are behaving now?
Lets move to the front. Remove the side lamp bulb, complete with holder from the lamp unit.(As before, an earth connection to the complete headlamp unit is vital on these.....test by running a length of wire from the holder to the bodyshell if you are unsure.)
Checking the bulb is good, wiggle the bulb in its holder and see if it starts to flicker. If you can, check for a 12v supply on one of the wires - you’ll need a multimeter for this.
Please be aware - if any replacement bulbs aren’t exactly correct ( a two terminal bulb into a single terminal holder, for example), all sorts of chaos can result....front and back!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you John I'll get hold of a multimeter today and try I'll update later with my results thank you for sticking at it with me :p

Back