5mm gap between bath feet bracket and the bottom of the bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry but I couldn't think of a better way of describing this issue.

Basically, I have assembled our new bath, and I have noticed that one side of the big metal u shaped bracket that holds the feet doesn't quite fit the bath correctly.

Here are 2 pictures of what I'm talking about, the gap is 5mm.

Here is a closer view of what I'm talking about.

How can I fix (or get around this problem)? All I can think of is maybe making a 5mm wedge of wood, or filling the gap with something like gripfill and using a longer screw (not too much longer obviously or it will end up making the bath leak)

Have any of you encountered this problem before or have any bright ideas to fix it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hacksaw a bit off the other end which goes up to the bath lip then you'll be able to get it to fit tighter.

Hacksaw a bit off the other end which goes up to the bath lip then you'll be able to get it to fit tighter.

Thanks for replying.

I actually thought about doing that, but the bracket is very stiff so would also need bending up a bit about here

and to be honest, I'm a bit scared to do it because I can see myself making a right pigs ear of it (ie bending it up too much or hacksawing too much off the top), but I do agree, it would be the best solution, if I had the balls :)

It's not shown in the pictures, but I have a batten on the wall under the lip of the bath. Also the front u bracket fits perfectly, as does the single middle foot (so 4 of the 5 feet are fine). The batten is also on the same side as that dodgy bit, so I think there might be plenty of additional support, for my gripfill or wedge of wood solution.

Unless you or anybody else has any other ideas?

By the way, is this a common problem or have I bought the first bath where 1 of the feet brackets doesn't fit properly?

Yeah, stop panicking, the bracket is a support,doesn`t have to fit exactly to bath profile.As long as it is there it will support the bath,rubber cushion in middle where most of weight is distributed,also solid chipboard plate incorporated within fibreglass mould along full length of bath. It`s 100% o.k

Sponsored Links
Update :

I went for the wedges of wood, gripfill and slightly longer screws solution in the end.

Here is a picture. Not a pretty site. I Couldn't get my adhesive gun in properly under the bath, so I had to apply the gripfill using a piece of wood and my fingers. Seems to have done the job thought :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back