5mx3.5m shed , few questions :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning on building a shed which will be 5mx3.5m and it will be a pent design so 7ft at the front and 6ft at the back. I am going to do a concrete base I think which will be approx 6" deep (unless you have any better ideas that will be significantly cheaper but 100% stable?)

I plan on making the frame out of 3x2" treated wood and then the inserts of 2x2" wood. The roof I plan on using beams across the top and then put some board on and then putting felt on.

I was initially going to use screws or nails to fix everything together but plan on going to town a bit on it and if I ever move then I would like to take it with me. Is there any downside of using bolts to bolt the 2 sides, back, front and roof together?

Matt

Sponsored Links
My professionally made shed was supplied as a flatpack and bolted together, it's 25 years old now

Cheers for the reply. I was thinking that bolts would be better but can't see anywhere on the internet of people doing it?

I think I will use bolts as can dismantle it if I want and also every year just go and check they are tightened anyway.

Matt

Sponsored Links
As the others said, bolts are fine. You might want to bulk up your stud work. A 5m long wall made of 3x2 will be a bit lightweight if you ask me. Bulking to 4x2 will make a noticable difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back