concerns about the environment
And there will be thousands of bonfires lit

millions of tons of smoke and pollution going into the atmosphere

and the need to go around letting off explosives en masse

all for what ? Some caper that happened hundreds of years ago

jeez us wept :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think there are less fires than when I was a child, (almost every street had one!), but the fireworks are a great deal more powerful than they used to be, (and a lot more expensive!!!)! Who remembers the 1d and 2d bangers? We thought they were loud. These days they would sound like a damp cap gun going off.

It's not just the animals I feel sorry for. The noise levels these days are suggested to be as loud as a battle field. When is any government going to realise we have a lot of ex-military personell who live in fear of these sounds because of the memories they pertain to? Sales to the public should be banned and only registered displays allowed so these people, and many others who don't like them, can make sure they are somewhere they consider safe and out of hearing range.

Here we go

concerns about the environment
And there will be thousands of bonfires lit

millions of tons of smoke and pollution going into the atmosphere

and the need to go around letting off explosives en masse

all for what ? Some caper that happened hundreds of years ago

jeez us wept :ROFLMAO:

Celebrating the only man to enter Parliament with honest intent.

Bonfire night was a BIG thing in my childhood. It had SFA to do with Guido Fawkes & more to do with gang territory, who could steal the most wood, attract the biggest crowd & protect their pile right up to the night itself.

It was a BIG thing to light another gangs pile & spoil their night . . .

I don't remember it being all about fireworks, I don't think we could afford them in them days, to us it was all about the bonfire.

It seems to me nowadays it's more about the fireworks, I guess that like Halloween (which totally passed us by) it's all about buying things & willy waving about how much you can afford to throw away.

Been going to the same place for a 'Bonfire' party for now 30+ years. For the last 4/5 years we have not had fireworks as they are overpriced and under effective as a display.

The bonfire is principally brash collected over the year by the farmer maintaining his hedges and trees. There may be some additional scrap, reclaimed timber from the builder who uses a barn on the site. Otherwise it's an excuse to drink beer, have a BBQ and talk B****x into the early hours.
The ash is sorted for metal scrap and the rest is added to the muck heap.

Warning - terrible taste alert:

I remember a jumping jack(remember those)? Hard to believe they were ever thought to be an OK thing.
touch3.jpg

being tied to a cat's tail. I'd happily kill the perpetrator now, but as a kid, god it was funny. Still feel for the cat.
Tied to/under a car at the traffic lights, they were diverting.

I've also seen the "after" pic of one of these popped unter someone's car, which of course was wrecked, and the owner was also injured trying to get it out.
iu

It it right?
No, it's gone too far and it's going to get banned one day, sigh.

A friend told me there are ever more online videos of all things, which is a worry.

Maybe we should gather together all the firewood and fireworks and set them all off under the houses of parliament.

Maybe we should gather together all the firewood and fireworks and set them all off under the houses of parliament.

Good idea. Wonder why no-one else has ever thought of that. :whistle: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back