1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

5year old emulsion blistered...no mould HELP

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by Lomond82@, 29 Mar 2021.

Tags:
  1. Lomond82@

Lomond82@

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi corner of sons room. The paint (emulsion done about 5years ago) looked to be blistering. When you rubbed your hand over it it was raised and the paint cracked. Concerned re damp so have scrapped (easily) the paint off but under neath it is not black. I have attached pictures of the scrapped off paint Grey is the top colour I did the green is the original that was in most rooms poss from when it was built in 1968 that they did over new plaster. I have used a damp reader thing and left of that middle bit of paint still stuck on wall is readings of 20-22. But further up and down 6-10. We know they put that stupid famidahide!? Foam insulating in between the wall cavities. We knows it’s crap, we know it shrinks and falls and also if water gets in outer pebble dash it acts like a sponge. Is this a job I need to ask a builder to fix , a decorator or what? Long term this room is getting replastered (last one to do). But this would just keep happening I presume.The roof and gutters was just re done a year ago and the down pipe isn’t on that wall. Any ideas on how I
    Move forward as I am just an office worker not a skilled tradesman
    Your expertise and knowledge would be great fully received
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    Show us a photo of the outside please, including the gutter and render

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local