Blistering emulsion paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Can anyone please tell me why my matt emulsions has started blistering on my lounge wall. It has been painted 3 times in 6yrs its only been the last year for some reason the paint is blistering all over the place, Why is this happening, what should I do, do I need the room re: plastered. I have always done the painting all over the houses ive lived in but never had this problem . :(

Sponsored Links
It is often a sign of damp. If it is low down on the ground floor your DPC may have failed. Sorry

ok.

So are we on the ground floor? If yes is there a bathroom above, is it all walls in the room or just the exterior ones. The more info that you can provide, the more likely you will find a solution. .

Salts is the plaster coming to the surface can cause blistering but again this is normally a sign of damp. I have seen condensation blow filler and cause salting under lining paper in the past but this is less common.

Sponsored Links
ok.

So are we on the ground floor? If yes is there a bathroom above, is it all walls in the room or just the exterior ones. The more info that you can provide, the more likely you will find a solution. .

Salts is the plaster coming to the surface can cause blistering but again this is normally a sign of damp. I have seen condensation blow filler and cause salting under lining paper in the past but this is less common.

Its the lounge ground level, no where near bathroom upstairs :(

ok.

its om most of the walls but its not large patches but few patches on every wall

its om most of the walls but its not large patches but few patches on every wall

Sorry I am at a loss then. You might want to try technical support at the paint maker if no one else has any suggestions.

I would have thought that replastering is the last resort.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back