Silk Emulsion blistering trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help cause i am pullin my hair out right now and cant find any info on the net about it that relates to whats happening in my situation.

I am trying to paint my room and washed the walls down, applied the first coat of silk emulsion to a original mat emulsion painted wall and all goes well :D let it dry for around 2 -2 1/2 hours, applied second coat and i am getting these blisters on certain patches of the wall.

I read it could be because of applying silk on silk so i sanded the walls down, applied another coat and its worse! the blisters seem bigger now for some reason?? and i pulled a blister and could strip the paint like wallpaper, so half a wall now is stripped and sanded back with some silk and some mat emulsion remaining, phoned the helpline and they said it could be a bad batch of paint becasue it seems to be reacting with itself...

Got replacement paint from store, different batch, applied to the stripped wall and its worse than ever now FFS :( on the mat its no blisters, where i havent gotten all the silk off sanding its blistered all over those areas...

Hope you can help because i been on this now for 3 days and all i want to do is paint 4 walls lol!!

I dont think its damp coming through although i dont know becasue its not reacting with the mat paint, and seems to be just when i 2nd coat the silk on silk.

Cheers peeps :)

Sponsored Links
You might have to use a wash coat 1st m8 ...mix 20% with 80 % water and paint/roll it on..seems like the moisture in the paint is being absorbed str8 into the wall thru the old paint and leaving you with bubbles..( which when you roll over all peel off onto the roller )
I learnt this lesson the hard way after i had my house plastered...wash coat 1st..then base coat.then top coat .

Hope this might help like i said im not a painter or an expert..

before you do anything eles try putting a coat on old boarding let dry then apply 2nd coat see if it reacts this will tell you if its the paint your using or somthing on the matt surfaces, are you sure that the wall is matt and not another kind of coating you could try bulls eye odorless by zinsser it will stick to anything www.zinsser.com.good luck ;) ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back