6 layers of paint!

S

Sohail75Bashir

I'm still scraping up the 6 layers of paint from the external perimeter walls.

Should I just remove what comes off with scraper, and paint it with a garage floor paint?; I just saw some for £27 on Ebay for 20ltrs, in cream.

Any suggestions much appreciated...as the sunny wheather wont last.

Some pictures...(the second one is a close up...not a Google earth pic of the Sahara Desert! )

Sponsored Links
Masonry Paint - less litres for your £25 ish . But the correct stuff ;) Scrape off loose , wash with dilute bleach solution - in case there `s any mould.

I'm still scraping up the 6 layers of paint from the external perimeter walls.

Should I just remove what comes off with scraper, and paint it with a garage floor paint?; I just saw some for £27 on Ebay for 20ltrs, in cream.

Any suggestions much appreciated...as the sunny wheather wont last.

Some pictures...(the second one is a close up...not a Google earth pic of the Sahara Desert! )

im a painter and for the best finish id get a blow torch and burn it all off then give it a good coat with masonary paint probs pliolite<best ive used so far oil based stays clean!even white! & 20 mins after applying its weather proof.

@ scottishlad2k10

I'd torch the whole paint area, but it's a 40 ft long area. Is there anything in liquid form that I could pour on that would help scrape the paint off?

I guess sand blasting them would be a good idea, just sounds costly.

Sponsored Links
@ scottishlad2k10

I'd torch the whole paint area, but it's a 40 ft long area. Is there anything in liquid form that I could pour on that would help scrape the paint off?

I guess sand blasting them would be a good idea, just sounds costly.

i agree with you. the likes of paint stripper would coust you hundreds! sand blasting is probably expencive too.

if you just remove the loose stuff or what you can and if you paint it you will notice dips in the wall where stuff has been removed. personally for a professional finish id torch it to get a nice finish but as your doing it your self and if youd be happy that its not spot on then just paint it :) saves money too and im sure it will look fine when done.

actually i have a battle plan for you if you want it looking flatter.

the bits where you have removed the paint it will be shallower than where the paint is.

so if you buy some primer or undercoat and apply a few coats on just the bits that have been scraped back it should start to become level with the painted bits

if you know what i mean? then 1 or 2 coats of paint to finish it :)

actually i have a battle plan for you if you want it looking flatter.

the bits where you have removed the paint it will be shallower than where the paint is.

so if you buy some primer or undercoat and apply a few coats on just the bits that have been scraped back it should start to become level with the painted bits

if you know what i mean? then 1 or 2 coats of paint to finish it :)

Scottish...I know what you mean. A simple technique.

for your time...much appreciated.
For living nearer to Loch Lomond than us...how dare you! :D

For all the forum members who live outside Scotland and have never been there, take a look at this. (before that, if you are carrying anything expensive, put it down!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back