7.5kw shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
would this run ok off its own circuit with a 30a rewireable fuse at the cu end?

Sponsored Links
yes it would need to have its own mcb but 32A and a 4mm cable MINIMUM but 6mm cable would be better see this fo more info, the reply not the question

And 10mm better still.

Not so much because you need it for your 7.5kW shower now, but because when you can no longer stand the pathetic dribble of lukewarm water that you'll get out of it, and replace it with a more powerful one, you will need a bigger cable, and you don't want to have to replace that as well.

And ask anybody who's been there, you will want a hotter shower - if you haven't bought the 7.5kW one yet then don't do it - look for one in the 10-11kW area

no, have not yet brought a 7.5kw, but been on to the housing assciation who we rent from, and they will replace the cu with the latest kit ;) so when its done i should be ok for a more powerfull one. they wont fit the new shower free though, but thats my latest 'project' so i dont mind, any tips on the actuall plumbing in , in as far as which is the better joints to use compression or solder ? also had a look at a friends 7.5kw he says in the summer it dribbles and in the winter its barely useable, so i am at present looking toward a 9.5kw, thanks for everyones input.

Sponsored Links
I put a 10.5kW shower in a couple of years ago and it was rubbish. You may be slightly restricted in what you can have where you live, but if you must have an electric shower, then go for the biggest you can get (which probably is 10-11kW as mentioned before).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back