8mm central heating pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to resite a radiator upstairs, is it ok to quickly push on an 8mm speedfit in line isolator to avoid draining down the system and is it good practice to use this type of fitting in the central heating system

Sponsored Links
Most of those are NOT designed for CH systems - it'll say.

You say do it quick is it possible for me to watch while you do it so i can chuckle when black water goes all over your beige carpets

Sponsored Links
I supose I started this saying I sometimes change wet ntc's live.

There is a time and a place for live work. Under floor of ground floor pipes can be done live no sweat. Upstairs pipework requires more respect and skill in the hands of the guy doing it. For an upstairs job I would make the system hang and then do the job, not a drop would be lost. If job has to be soldered it's a drain down obviously.

Of course it depends on your priorities if you are in business doing pipework. I prefer every job to take least amnount of time so avoid drain downs where possible.

The guy who trained me prefers to charge them more and so always goes for the drain down approach. His words to me were "I would have done a drain down so I can charge them more".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back