90,000+ Civil Service Jobs To Go.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't for one minute think that the numbers will be this high. The marxist infested UnCivil Service will not go easily & the remnants will surely sabotage what's left.

Let's hope that it's the sandal wearing card carriers of the CPGB & not the nurses, the police & the firefighters that are dragged from behind their desks & thrust out into the real world. Into the world of their benefits systems designed to fail & where they will overnight become part of the idle workshy hanging around the foodbanks waiting for the next delivery.

Sponsored Links
So, you're in favour of reducing the Civil Service at a time when more paperwork is required to run it - i'm sure that'll be a big help for people.

So, you're in favour of reducing the Civil Service at a time when more paperwork is required to run it - i'm sure that'll be a big help for people.
Why would there need to be more paperwork? Have you heard about computer programs and algorithms?
There will be job losses and then there will be 300,000 bosses and 10,000 servants I mean employees

Why would there need to be more paperwork? Have you heard about computer programs and algorithms?

Have you heard of the Single Market?

That gave frictionless trade between all parts of the UK and our biggest export and import markets?

That was thrown away by Johnson and the Brexers?

Now we even need documentation to move goods from one part of the UK to another

Even though lying Johnson swore blind it would never happen.

Sponsored Links
There will be job losses and then there will be 300,000 bosses and 10,000 servants I mean employees

You'd still be required to produce a printed passport, for instance, in this Brexit New World.
Plenty of business owners have complained about the increased load of paperwork required.

I think it was Labour that reduced one dept years ago. Software etc. This one
What we do

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. As the UK’s biggest public service department it administers the State Pension and a range of working age, disability and ill health benefits to around 20 million claimants and customers.

However wasn't it augmented more recently by a private company in relationship to disability benefits? I sometimes wonder how much of this goes on with all areas the gov covers.

That gave frictionless trade between all parts of the UK and our biggest export and import markets?

That was thrown away by Johnson and the Brexers?

Now we even need documentation to move goods from one part of the UK to another

Even though lying Johnson swore blind it would never happen.
There is no need for paperwork because that's what computers and algorithms are for

The wadge of paperwork that the minister concerned is waving about relates to mixed loads in an artic - separate paper for each item. Say it was a larger company. Not much of a problem - they'd have something to produce it. The other situation is a haulier that collects stuff from a number of companies each one of those produces their own paperwork.

I suppose that each piece of paper could be replaced with a bar code but would it help?

It's a border. Borders are for checks. If say food meets EU standards that has to be proved by the supplier. Brexit doesn't help at all with that. Having agreed identical food standards should solve the problem but hang on our lot want to change them. Put off yet again as they say they think it will increase costs.

The magic boarders mentioned haven't appeared. :ROFLMAO: Free trade is wonderful so why don't all just open up their trade boarders.

Let's hope that it's the sandal wearing card carriers of the CPGB & not the nurses, the police & the firefighters that are dragged from behind their desks & thrust out into the real world. Into the world of their benefits systems designed to fail & where they will overnight become part of the idle workshy hanging around the foodbanks waiting for the next delivery.
I think they are public sector workers not civil servants

NI does have a problem that was mentioned by one small company. A garden centre. Usually gets his supplies from Britain and the EU or probably EU stuff in the Britain. The suppliers told him they couldn't be bothered so he has switched to S Ireland for his supplies.

The can''t be bothered is a feature of retailers when we were in the EU. Some EU retailer have multilingual web pages. Pretty common actually. They want a larger market.

Change of food standards. They have been pretty clear on that. Tariffs on stuff that doesn't meet production standards that our own suppliers meet. That they say to keep these in business. Really - if it sells it will reduce their market share. That must increase costs to us if they are to remain in business.

I think they are public sector workers not civil servants

You are at liberty to think whatever you want. If they work for the civil service then they are civil servants.

NI does have a problem that was mentioned by one small company. A garden centre. Usually gets his supplies from Britain and the EU or probably EU stuff in the Britain. The suppliers told him they couldn't be bothered so he has switched to S Ireland for his supplies.

The can''t be bothered is a feature of retailers when we were in the EU. Some EU retailer have multilingual web pages. Pretty common actually. They want a larger market.

I can tell you have absolutely ZERO involvement in such business. I can tell because you use the phrase "I can't be bothered". Only if you are in business can you understand just how pathetic that statement is. It's like you the bloke that loads the lorries, but you can't be bothered today because it's too much work for my pay grade.

You really should back off & stop opinionating on subjects you know FA about.

Oh This plan is to be over 3 years for a solution to the cost of living crisis. It puts the civil service back down to 2016 levels. Feasibility study needed. Not sure if that was the word used more study the possibilities.

Sponsored Links
Back