90 degree drill/driver attachment

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180201-001057.png
    Screenshot_20180201-001057.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 105
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
wouldnt use it with an impact under any circumstances as the only real outcome will be a far quicker adapter failure rate

Get yourself one of the Miluakee drill drivers which has other "chucks" you can fit. 90 elbow, offset and 10mm chuck. Best £150 I ever spent

Nozzle

at right angle to impact direction how does that work then :?:
even if it helps it will wear it out far far quicker than a smooth transfer
and i do fully understand how an impact works with springs stored energy anvils hammers :D

Last edited:
at right angle to impact direction how does that work then :?:
even if it helps it will wear it out far far quicker than a smooth transfer

Exactly the same way a right angle driver works. The only difference being there's a chuck between the right angle gearing and the planetary gear drive and hammer, which theoretically could cause some minor torque loss.

If by what you're saying is correct I'm no better off for spending £120 on a cordless angle driver and would be better off buying this £25 adapter.

See diagram parts 23-27. That's the impact hammer assembly.

Attachments

• btl061.gif
    btl061.gif
    61.7 KB · Views: 84
as i say i know exactly how an impact works so it seems contrary to what is logical well in my head at least :D
i am sure it will function fully as designed flawlessly
thanks for taking the time to share your findings (y)

Last edited:
wouldnt use it with an impact under any circumstances as the only real outcome will be a far quicker adapter failure rate
For £25, if it failed, I'd buy another one. It's not something I'd use regularly enough to warrant a cordless right angled drill/driver, which is what I would have done.

surely the adapter does the impacting function the drill just does the rotating. Or maybe ive misunderstood some of the replies.

surely the adapter does the impacting function the drill just does the rotating. Or maybe ive misunderstood some of the replies.

I think people hear impact and think like a rotary hammer drill. The impact is rotational, not direct like a hammer drill.

The impact in a driver can be anywhere at any angle within the drive train. All it is doing on paper is assisting the rotation of the bit/drive which in turn drives the screw by increasing momentum.

At it's most basic form it is nothing more than a typical drill driver. The hammer and anvil just exert more force on the drive train than a motor and planetary gear reduction can alone.

The tool is "impact ready" which I understand that to mean it can stand the extra stress imparted by an impact driver.
The only way I can see that it does this is to chatter the right angle gears so would need to be extra tough?
litl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back