90cm by 90cam gap in the wall needs filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi-behind the toilet in the bathroom, there was a 90cm tall and wide false wall which was tiled. the toilet set against this wall. at the top of this wall was a 10cm deep ledge which was butted against the real wall. i'm replacing the toilet and want to replace the tiled 90cm squared tiled wall with a normal wall suitable for painting. i've had 2 guys coming in to help with tiling but i am left with installing the toilet (which i've done before) and putting up a new false wall. they have bought plywood and cut it to size for me. behind the false wall is a wooden frame which was used to screw the wall onto. how do i get this false wall to look like the rest of the wall above it which is just painted. i don't want to paint the plywood because it will look like painted wood and not have the same finish as the wall. is there something i can buy to layer onto the plywood which will give it the same finish as a plastered wall? or do i need to buy plaster board instead? the only problem with this is i can't skim plaster. does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks ! Sion

Sponsored Links
If I were you ,I would remove the ply and replace it with plasterboard.It wouldn't be a big job to get someone in to give it a skim all over.It would look much better than just being patched.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back