Any ideas for a way to fill a gap temporarily?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm boxing in some pipes in a toilet, and will use some light plywood - at each side this'll butt against a newly plastered wall. The walls & the plywood will get painted when I'm finished. Because I might want to get at the pipework again I want to screw the plywood sheeting to the battens behind it but haven't come up with a way to make it neat down each edge where it meets the wall (the plasterer did a pretty good job but I still won't get a perfect fit both sides).
Is there anything to fill an internal corner gap and which can be painted over to match in, but won't rip the plaster off if I removed it at some point like some mastics would? Thanks for any inspiration you have!

Sponsored Links
Hey Randers.

Normally I'd say Caulk; easier to cut with a small knife along the joint, unlike silicone sealant, which takes longer and can pull of paint too.

Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back