Filling gaps behind plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am covering a plasterboard wall with plywood sheets and want to clean up leave the original lathe and wood wall exposed for the bottom 8cm of so well as the floorboards.

Unfortunately there is still a load of loose plaster and assort crap between the brickwork and the plasterboard I have scraped out most that I can reach but would like to seal it some way. The gaps are about 30cm x 10cm.

I have thought about foam filler but it would have nothing to hang onto. Stuffing it with old rags or plastic rubbish bags are other suggestions.

Anything a bit more secure would be a help

Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20171012_001.jpg
    WP_20171012_001.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Get some polystyrene insulation board whatever thickness you like and cut it in to rectangles to suit each gap. Make them a tight fit and ram home maybe? You could even cut them a bit short on the shorter length and foam the ends to glue them in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back