95mm sized light switches and plug sockets?? Where to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am changing light switches and plug sockets from gold effect to either white or silver/chrome/stainless colour.

Prob is that old switches have dimensions of 95mm (doubles are also 95mm high) compared to more usual 85 mm seen in white moulded and many of the stainless steel etc options.

The old lip of umpteen coats of paint around the switches means changing to the smaller dimensions would involve scraping and sanding down and filling what are recently decorated walls.

The only 95mm ones I have found so far are stainless steel ones from Wickes. Any opinions on wickes switches and sockets?

before I go with wickes, are there any other suppliers out there that you have seen to sell 95mm sockets/switches in white or silver?? I have tried Marbo, Crabtree, MK, Volex so far.

Sponsored Links
Click Scolmore are worth a punt, most electrical wholesalers deal with them (certainally Edmundsons, CEF & Electric Centre) and it good quality stuff too, I always use their stuff when asked for decorative wiring accessores.

The old lip of umpteen coats of paint around the switches means changing to the smaller dimensions would involve scraping and sanding down and filling what are recently decorated walls.
You know it makes sense.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your comments. Click Scolmore look like a very versatile way of selecting your decorative switches (you can choose different switch colours). However they are only 88mm square in the deco range (I had to ring for this info, not in their ctalogies at all).

Thanks Ban-all-sheds but I have had enough and cannot be arsed to scrape and fill this time.

The Wickes stainless sockets are the 95mm dimensions and actually look quite nice. Their 6 month return policy also gives me enough time to do my usual slow job!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back