9651 low battery alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a 9651 alarm system giving off a low battery alarm. I have tried putting my code in and viewing the error codes which shuts it up for about 10 minutes. If I put the code in and don't review it doesn't alarm for between 3 hours and two days! As you can imagine this is great if it decides to do it 3 times in one night I've tried to put it in engineering mode but I don't think I've been successful. I just want to check how to do this and what I should see in the panel. I intend to change the batt when I can get to maplins and buy one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
We have a 9851 at work which I believe is similar. I changed the battery 18 months ago. To get to the engineers mode I have to press 0 followed by the engineers code 7890

This is the factory default code. If it doesn't work for you, it may have been changed by the installer.

I also seem to remember that I had to release the lid on the main panel after entering the code. But I might be getting it confused with another alarm system.

When you've finished, 99 exits engineer mode.

Sponsored Links
CHANGE THE BATTERY! (7AHr) :D If you can put it into "installer mode", do so, and leave it 'til you've changed the battery.

If you haven't got the engineers code, open the panel, put your code in to stop the noise from the tamper, take the battery out and leave it all alone... This way, the panel will report a missing battery and not keep teetering on the edge of the low battery threshold.

Note: Don't turn the mains off or the outside bell will sound and you will have no way of stopping it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back