A ball park figure ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not looking for a quote, but just wondered if anyone could give a ball park figure for getting someone to lay a small patio for me please. I have attached a piccy but I had to merge a couple of images using Photoshop because I took them out of a bedroom window ! As can be seen it has been dug out and type 1 dropped in to a depth of 150mm minimum. It will be whacked by me.

There are 2 right angles in the plot but cutting will be needed on the one side. The area is just over 25 sq. mts and I have bought 2 x 15 sq.mts of Digby calibrated sandstone and the slabs come in 4 different sizes. I have ample sharp sand on site and any contractor would just have to supply the building sand and cement, lay the slabs and cut where necessary. I haven't got a clue what a decent tradesman would charge for this work and how long it would take. An approximate figure would be very much appreciated. I am in the Midlands. All constructive answers will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Terrace1b.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Unless it was a job for a friend I think a lot of contractors wouldn't be keen on doing paving where someone else had laid the hardcore and was supplying the materials?

Unless it was a job for a friend I think a lot of contractors wouldn't be keen on doing paving where someone else had laid the hardcore and was supplying the materials?
Yes, I can understand that but I had the type 1 and digger on site and and dug it out while the ground was like concrete so I didn't make a mess of the lawn that I had to go over.

Sponsored Links
It probably will be, but £20 £25 m2 should be about right.
In my area anyway.
Dont forget, you get what you pay for,so dont use idiots
Thank you. I am quite surprised by these figures, and yes, I am aware that if you pay peanuts then you get monkeys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back