A bit of fun with your boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought those of you who are interested in home improvements would
have some fun reviewing this latest competition from Powergen. It's
all about trying to find Britains Oldest Boiler.

The aim is to help boiler engineers Pete and Paula fix a troublesome
boiler that's on the verge of breaking down, whilst at the same time
avoiding the cowboy plumbers.

Give it a go and see if you can get yourself on the high-score table!

Click here to find out what it's all about and to play boiler
breakdown
http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/clk;19233878;11720300;y?http://www.oldestboiler.co.uk/game.htm

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
432096 - Still got some way to go though....
448705 - but only after 6 or 7 attempts trying to work out what the hell I was supposed to be doing!

Sponsored Links
wizzonek said:
The aim is to help boiler engineers Pete and Paula fix a troublesome
boiler

Erm... let me just stop you there... Paula? Paula?!

Are there many women plumbers in the business? Just out of interest. :eek:

My boss once told me (imagine this in a wonderful Welsh accent) "My only problem with female engineers is that they always seem to be rather broad of beam" :LOL: :LOL:

I'd prefer to have fun with my own boiler... Ow! Don't hit me!!

Adam

Met a female BG engineer the other day, who spent all our time together sniffing down her nose at me, as if she were expecting me to be condescending. S'pose she may have had a lot of stick in the past.....

securespark said:
S'pose she may have had a lot of stick in the past.....

Yet you would think a woman in such a role would prefer women. :eek: :LOL:

(just hoping that the many female engineers I have the pleasure of knowing aren't reading this! :LOL: )

I know a lot of "professional" female engineers, but for whatever reason (social conditioning? experience?) I always assume that "sleeves up" engineers will be men.

In these times of equality, gender still seems to come into career choice. You don't see many male beauticians, for instance. :confused:

"Don't worry miss, I'll have you flushed out in a jiffy. OI DAVE! FETCH THE POWERFLUSH FROM THE VAN!"

[shudder]

Ouch!

Although, having (a) attended my three boys' births at home and (b) watched Desperate Midwives on BBC3, I can say some of the things I've seen on the latter are just as barbaric. You joke about the plunger, but that is effectively what a ventouse does.

I find myself shouting at the screen, "Why are you lying on your back? Get up and move around, woman!"

What really made me laugh (not) was the home birth when the midwives panicked because the baby's heart rate was dropping. Then they realised all they had to do was shift the mother, and the baby was fine. The cord was being compressed, restricting blood flow to the little critter....and it took them ages to realise this.

Somebody is failing to train them properly if you ask me...

[/shudder]

Another method could be get her to put a finger in each ear, someone hold her nose and with mouth shut, BLOW! make sure you invite an england fielder along for the birth to catch littleun as he/she comes gracefully into the world.

And don't believe a word about childbirth being painful! If it was, women wouldn't hang it out for so long.

They should think of the anguish their partner has to go through watching the clock knowing precious supping time to wet the babies head is passing.

when leaving the hospital always let the woman carry the overnight case as it helps balance whilst carrying the baby, god forbid they put their backs out otherwise and they can't get up to do the washing and ironing.

Sponsored Links
Back