A book on Slating and Tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I am a Leadwork & Roofing contractor from York. That said, I, myself am the leadworker and I have a roofer that works for me. I have a good general knowledge of roofing myself but I am wondering if there is a particular modern day 'bible' for tiling and slating? I have the Lead Sheet Association manual which is what we leadworkers use but I am looking for the roofing version if such a thing exists?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Roofing and Tiling by kevin taylor
Manual of Roofing by john Wickersham

Very elementary books, Wickersham is a DIY'er it seems.
Both books contain mistakes but can give a rough idea of whats involved.

Quite how you can be a lead worker and not have an understanding of roofing is beyond me - 90% of leadwork takes place on a roof.

Hi dann09,

Thank you for your reply. I think you may have misread my original post.

I have a very good understanding of roofing as I have already stated. I wasn't looking 'for an 'elementary' guide, I was actually after something to help me understand the finer points of slating and tiling and current regs etc.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back