A challege for megawatt.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Megawatt is a semi-pro musician. Joe-90 is a rank amateur.

Here's a challenge that gives him the perfect opportunity to show his own brilliance - and just what rubbish joe-90 is.

I too am a vocalist as well as being a guitar player. So I challenge you to a competition.

You choose either a song or an instrumental, get a cheap webcam from Wilkos for a tenner and put your effort on Utube for the rest of the forum to judge. Tell me the song/instrumental you have chosen and I'll do likewise.

Any song in any of the following styles,

Rock, blues, pop, jazz, classical, country, rockabilly, bluegrass, fusion or anything else you like the idea of. The choice is yours. You pick the song in any style you like - and we'll go for it. Waddya reckon? It's not every day of the week you get the chance to beat the Mighty joe-90.

Come on mega - it's put up or shut up time.

Sponsored Links
I don't need a webcam I already have tracks on CD which I can probably convert to MP3 and upload.

MW

I don't need a webcam I already have tracks on CD which I can probably convert to MP3 and upload.

MW

Nope. I want you to stipulate a song and prove that it is you by saying high to the guys at DIYnot before you start.

Any style. Celtic, folk, grunge or even shred. Your choice. Don't let the guys down now will you?

Sponsored Links
Well, as Joe seems to be in a competetive mood, I'll rip one of my tracks to MP3 when I get a sec and upload it so my end of the challenge has been met ;)

I have plenty of video of my live performances but I enjoy anonymity and I'm not sure how I'd go about pixellating me out of the movies.

MP3 is easier I think :LOL:

MW

MW

Nope. I want you to stipulate a song and prove that it is you by saying high to the guys at DIYnot before you start.

Any style. Celtic, folk, grunge or even shred. Your choice. Don't let the guys down now will you?

sounds good and fair to prove its both you doing it

We all know already who the fake is and soon it will be REALLY obvious.

MW

Damn right it will. Any style you like. Or you can chosse a song in one style and play it in another. How about a shred version of Penny Lane? :LOL:

Or a classical version of Brown Sugar? :LOL:

Or jazz fusion of My way? :LOL:

Come on. Put up or shut up.

I'll get a cheap webcam tomorrow.

Just choose the song.

You are the pro - I'm just the amateur.

Maybe you choose 'Coward of the County'? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"Look ole yella's leavin...."

Is this going to be like that duelling banjo's scene? if so who's going to be the kid? :D
I'll be the dancing dad :LOL:

I have plenty of video of my live performances but I enjoy anonymity and I'm not sure how I'd go about pixellating me out of the movies.

MW

The only 'live performance' you need to worry about is the bedroom scenes. :rolleyes:

Why do you crave anonymity? Do you walk around town with a bag on your head? Do you really care if a group of chaps on a DIY site see you down there in deepest Devon? If so - why? Are you really the 'elephant man'?

I've just found a vid of mega in concert. He's pretty good. He could have worn his smiley mask though. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o

i listened to that all the way thru, reminded me of Mr Gilmore.

:)

Sponsored Links
Back