A diaphragm or crap to make them feel they are in control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No hot water throughout the house after I was getting some work done at home. I got told it was my fan that needed replaced in the boiler, so I ordered a fan and after the workers went home through help on this site I managed to get my heating working but no hot water. Now my fan is sitting there and not fitted…. waste of my money.
Now I get told it is the diaphragm needing replaced though I am still getting heating but no hot water. I am deeply concerned that they do not know what they are talking about and chancing their luck in the end making me dish unnecessary money. Noticed that diaphragm does not cost too much ‘‘Is it fairly easy for a Gorgi Reg. plumber to put into the boiler?’’ How much should it cost to do such a job?And is there a chance it will not work if not installed fitted correctly.... dread them to say you need a new boiler!!!
Thanks for you any input
Cisco
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Its a Baxi Solo3 PFL range only a few years old

Cisco

What's the connection between work being done in the house giving you no hot water, which relates to a boiler problem?

Sponsored Links
OP stop wasting your own time and the forums time.

Get rid of these clowns...your boiler does not have a diaphragm.

Find someone competent to sort out the mess.

Are you man or mouse :rolleyes:

Water had to be switched off due to new water pipes being installed in the house. Moggridge

Honestly Gas guru thats what the chap said to me and I had a look at variuos ones on the web ranging from £4 > They started all this work and I felt they should finish it off..... how I really want to get rid of these clowns! Neither man nor mouse :oops:

Cisco

Nothing wrong with the heating he had to turn off both the hot & cold water the water to do the work. I thought he knew what he was doing - he is the plumber!(?) Since then there has been no hot water.
Cisco

That's what I got told in the beginning Mog 'air in the system'.

Concerned if I get someone else in to fix their mess it will cost me loads more
Cisco
:evil:

whats this statement then ?

through help on this site I managed to get my heating working but no hot water.

come on give us some info on the system. :rolleyes:

Seco someone wrote turn the dial to '0' and '+' then the heating should work fine which it has.

So I managed to get help. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back