a dilema turning dining room into dining kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone seeking a bit of advice, I have a standard 3 bed semi, well 2 bed and a box room. Dow stairs I have a small living room at the front of the house, a large dining room which is a fair bit bigger than the living room and a small kitchen which looks like it was almost an after though when the house was built. My question is should i convert the large dining room into a dining kitchen I was goingto use this as the main living room and use the fron rom as the dining roo because it is smaller. But everyone is telling me to convert the large dining room into a dining kitchen. It seem out of place to have the dining kitchen the biggest room down stairs. and would this add value to the house. IF the living room was the bigger room i would not hestiate, but it is a fair bit smaller.

Sponsored Links
A floor plan would be helpful.

If you change the dining room to a dining kitchen you are left with a small lounge and a small other room? That's probably too fragmented space. A dining kitchen is popular, but probably not at the expense of not having a decent lounge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back