A frustrating airblock - picture included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am struggling to solve the attached issue.

Shower 1 works fine, shower 2 and bath don't. I have isolated the cold feed going from the pump which has told me the issue is with the hot supply (ie there is no blockage in the cold).

The diagram just shows the hot system.
Basically when I turn on the shower 2 or bath I get no pressure at all (often not enough to even activate the pump). Shower 1 works fine so no issues with pump itself.

Given all are fed by pump the usual methods of fixing the air block are not working.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
where is the cold water tank in relation to this?

are the relative heights in your diagram to scale?

Cold tank is in loft not quite directly above cylinder. showe 1 is 3m from cylinder and shower 2 / bath around 6m. Both on first floor.

Diagram is not to scale but measures above should help

what shower is no2 make/model ?
have you checked all filters, check valves etc ?

Sponsored Links
Tank is 2m higher than cylinder and has been for years and working fine. Shower valve is bathstore and a simple diverter. Also been fine for 2 yrs til this.

Not check filters - do you mean filter on shower pump? No check valves as far as I cam see anywhere.

Not check filters - do you mean filter on shower pump? No check valves as far as I cam see anywhere.

no on diverter.
you say other showers ok so i would say your issue is with the diverter or pipework to diverter.

bathstore what thats only a shop ?

OK

took the shower pump off, turned it round (so old hot is now cold) and refit.

Pump is working fine - as the problem still exists. So I am now agreeing that the shower valve is knackered.

I honestly couldnt tell you the make and model - it doesnt say anything on it. Do these things have parts that can go faulty? I can only imaine that the mechanism inside when you turn the temp control isnt functioning.

Slight other problem - one of the flexible hoses that connects the shower pump is now leaking (I pushed it too hard). Its 17cm long with silver flex and black end (with red inserts into top of black end). You unscrew each end to remove and re-tighten. Any ideas where I can get one of these?

D

Pump is working fine - as the problem still exists. So I am now agreeing that the shower valve is knackered.
not knackered just a faulty part or blockage.
Do these things have parts that can go faulty?
yes

I can only imaine that the mechanism inside when you turn the temp control isnt functioning.

more like the flow cartridge.

Slight other problem - one of the flexible hoses that connects the shower pump is now leaking (I pushed it too hard). Its 17cm long with silver flex and black end (with red inserts into top of black end). You unscrew each end to remove and re-tighten. Any ideas where I can get one of these?

what pump is it a salamander ?
it's only a pushfit flexi hose plumbers merchant or screwfix.
is it the straight one or the angled one ?

give us a pic of the shower valve.

as i said earlier check the filters
and non return valve on the hot side. ;)

Seco - thanks. How do i do these 2 things on the valve you see on the link?sorry new ground for me but keen to have a go!

Seco - and just noitced your other comment ref hoses. It's a aqualisa pump and straight hose.

as you see on the pic isolate the hot cold feed.
remove the dials useally small hex grub screw
remove chrome plate and remove the filter etc.

as for the flexi hose sounds like you have dislodged the seal
take flexi off and check down hose and make sure the pipe is clean
when you push them on.

if no good replace but check what size the pump end is 3/4" or 1/2" thread.

but screwfix do flexis. hasn't got to be pushfit can use compression fitting. ;)

I have the plate off and have exposed the valve brass workings. Just unclear how to remove filter - I assume it is removed as parrot the centre thermo control but no obvious way to remove.

On the flexible hose it's where the metal braiding connects into theplastic that the droplets are appearing. Does that sound like a seal issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back