A good all round Screw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions please, What Screw Manufacturer is the best?

I have always used Ulti-mate but my local supplier have stopped stocking them, so I have tried Reisser because many people I know rave on about them. I have tried them, I think they are a bit pricey but can't really see what all the hypes about. Then there are Spax which I've heard are a good brand.

I like ulti mates probably because they came with free bit in every box, they self piloted and self countersunk.

So back to my original question what is the best screw a man can get?, cheers.

Sponsored Links
i use silver twins from s/fix or toolstation
and turbo gold from screwfix

as a bench joiner 90% is silver[imperial]
and the turbos where less stress needed they dont need countersinking or piloting near the end or edge

Cheers Big all, BTW smart workshop you built yourself, what's your address again ;)

Cheers Big all, BTW smart workshop you built yourself, what's your address again ;)
its even better now it has a woodburner in the corner and insulation all round
with half the window area covered with second hand double glazed or sealed units inside the origional glass
just need a d/g door now :D

Sponsored Links
its even better now it has a woodburner in the corner and insulation all round
with half the window area covered with second hand double glazed or sealed units inside the origional glass
just need a d/g door now :D

Never mind that Big-all has it got a beer fridge? ;)

if it was my man escape space i would have a beer fridge in the corner:cool: :cool:
but as its only me and my 22 year old son in 3 bed house i drink in doors as i wont drink before nine oclock at night as tools and booze don't mix :eek:

a couple off close shaves made me see sense :LOL: :LOL:

Esther McVey is gonna be banging on your door, 3 bedrooms 2 people tut tut. And a man shed tut tut.

Anyways, anymore opinions on screws please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back