A good place to buy accessories?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas welcome please, preferably online.

Would like to avoid the likes of the costly WF, CEF etc...

Thanks in advance,
TGS.

Sponsored Links
Certainly over the counter purchases are expensive the fewer you make.

When I first went to WF in 1988, the prices were sky-high. But, since then, having visited at least once a week and spent a small fortune there, prices have plummeted. Now I can't get cheaper anywhere else. I would suggest purchasing this way, if you intend to make regular purchases. You will never get a "loyalty discount" on-line.

If however, you only intend a one-off or irregular purchases, go on-line.

Avoid CEF in any case. They make comission on what they sell, and large quantities of it.

Why do they all drive round in vehicles with plates X123 CEF?

Examples of CEF purchases, all plus VAT:

1 x 5ft twin anticorrosive = £45.00

100 x extension studs = £79.00

And my favourite, an emergency purchase made on a job I did recently outside my patch in Mexborough,

10 x 4mm M4 brass panhead screws = £8.00 :!:

I bought some tools from CEF, will not be doing that again.

My firm has an account with both, so I can claim a discount that way.

Will probably go to WF, cheers for the advice ;)

securespark said:
a job I did recently outside my patch in Mexborough
You poor thing. And didn't they nick your wheels when you stopped? Or jimmy the back doors of the van? :eek: I try not to go below 10mph when I have to drive down there. :confused:

Sponsored Links
crafty wrote

securespark wrote:
a job I did recently outside my patch in Mexborough

You poor thing. And didn't they nick your wheels when you stopped? Or jimmy the back doors of the van? I try not to go below 10mph when I have to drive down there.

you cheeky b*ggers, thats the next village to me :LOL:

sadly all true though :LOL:

bit out of your way though secure isnt it?

I get all over, mate!

Had no probs in M'boro (nice caff near the job Yum Yum!)...contrasting with last week when the van window was put through outside my house. AND they nicked nothing! Surprised....I was!

We had a lighting rewire to do. The previous guy had done a quote based on a 3 bed semi. When we got there, it was a stone cottage with metre-thick walls. We had to run the feed for the lounge wall lights (flat roof extension) outside in conduit...Took days, but the company had quoted so it was a fixed price. We think it was back-heeled to us because the Yorks guys didn't want to touch it...

My usual patch is Macc, High Peak, Stockport & Manchester. But, I've been down to Birmingham & beyond, Stoke, Cheadle (Staffs), Uttoxeter, Derby, Ashbourne and Yorks of course.

Once did a whole week of B'rum, did over 1200 miles in 5 days. :cry:

Done 18K in the van in a year....

industryspark, where abouts do you live? conisbrough? cadeby? barnburgh? high melton? i live near sprotbrough. small world eh? ;)

hi crafty,

not as glamorous as barnbrough or sprotbrough im afraid!

i live in Swinton :LOL:

small world indeed. :LOL:

TheGaffersSon said:
Any ideas welcome please, preferably online.

Would like to avoid the likes of the costly WF, CEF etc...

Thanks in advance,
TGS.

Its a case of who you know in the wholesaler, they are all able to give great prices but often choose not to, especially CEF they will rob you blind and use naughty made up prices to achieve this.
A good place is

www.toolstation.com they do a nice finish and not to bad a price also.

crafty1289 said:
industryspark, where abouts do you live? conisbrough? cadeby? barnburgh? high melton? i live near sprotbrough. small world eh? ;)

Had good friends of family live in Sprotboro'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back