A government of U-turns.

Are you happy with this U-turn government?

• Yes. They are doing a fine job.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No - they made promises just to get elected.

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or put another way - broken promises. They made the claims to get elected - then ignored them all.

NHS reforms? U turn.

Tough on immigration? They gave 'right to remain' to half a million illegal immigrants.

Benefit cap at £26,000 - now not being introduced.

Weekly bin collection - nope. It'll stay fortnightly.

There was an education one too but I've forgotten it.

Are you happy with Cameron lying to get into power?

Sponsored Links
If my power base was teetering on a knife edge I would target the vulnerable such as school children, students, pensioners, low paid workers etc.. Then have a go at Councils, Corporates and Banks etc. when I've got my facts right. But that's going to take time, so in the mean time dump some wind farms on beautiful landscapes just to show who's the boss.

Its just a puppet government like their predecessors.
Elections are just a game to blindfold the people and keep us occupied until the EU is fully established and lying just a part of the game for the puppets to get elected.
Lets hope market forces destroy the eu before rampant nationalism rises up.

Are you happy with Cameron lying to get into power?

More to the point, are you surprised? A politician lying to get in power, whatever next?

Sponsored Links
To be fair the tories are well shakelled by the liberals. The liberals put an end to any reform of the human rights act pushed through by bliar for the benefit of his greedy wife.

At least the liberals have blown any chance of winning future elections.

I dont know why people waste their time with politics, its a fairy tale.
It doesnt matter who is in ''power'' if you can call it that , they are all liars, the real puppets are the sheep in this country who spend all day moaning about the government but dont have the bolls to act against it and instead suck in their lies one after the other time and time again.

Its like going to the cafe and getting a cold cup of tea, grumping about it while you drink it , then exactly the same thing happening again and again day after day and still all you do is have a little grumble to your self but keep coming back time and time again.

I dont know why people waste their time with politics, its a fairy tale.
It doesnt matter who is in ''power'' if you can call it that , they are all liars, the real puppets are the sheep in this country who spend all day moaning about the government but dont have the bolls to act against it and instead suck in their lies one after the other time and time again.

Its like going to the cafe and getting a cold cup of tea, grumping about it while you drink it , then exactly the same thing happening again and again day after day and still all you do is have a little grumble to your self but keep coming back time and time again.

When I've asked for posters to email their MP's they have griped about it. What have you done?

One of the worst policies from this government is the green agenda. Whilst other countries (uS, China, India, and much of Europe) have gone cool on lowering carbon emissions, Cameron has pledged that the UK will press ahead with stringent carbon emission reductions. In other words, more tax and much more expensive gas and power (20% in Scotland), whilst chucking billions into foreign built and unreliable windmills etc.

So, whilst we get screwed just to keep warm, and have some lights, the rest of the world carries on as they are. Also, how are we going to be competetive, if industry has to buy increasingly expensive fuel and electricity.

I imagine old people this winter, freezing in their unheated homes, too frightened to put the fire on. At the same time, Cameron is raising a glass of claret at a dinner party, toasting how green the UK is.

He promised a referendum on Europe - but nope. Nothing ever became of that.

One of the worst policies from this government is the green agenda. Whilst other countries (uS, China, India, and much of Europe) have gone cool on lowering carbon emissions, Cameron has pledged that the UK will press ahead with stringent carbon emission reductions. In other words, more tax and much more expensive gas and power (20% in Scotland), whilst chucking billions into foreign built and unreliable windmills etc.

So, whilst we get screwed just to keep warm, and have some lights, the rest of the world carries on as they are. Also, how are we going to be competetive, if industry has to buy increasingly expensive fuel and electricity.

I imagine old people this winter, freezing in their unheated homes, too frightened to put the fire on. At the same time, Cameron is raising a glass of claret at a dinner party, toasting how green the UK is.
Absolutely 100% correct, committing this country to such stringent reductions in carbon emissions is just exporting jobs, and effectively stabbing the workforce of Britain in the back.
What possible chance do we have of ever making a recovery? when we constantly make it difficult for our remanding industry to continue, we are in a downward spiral with little chance of things improving.

Wotan

So why aren't we making wind mills and solar panels and all this othere green guff then? why are we importing it all?.... We had years of easystreet as Princess Tony ****ed the national stash up the wall on nonsense and even a daft plumber like me could see that it wouldn't last for ever... Didn't anyone else?

Why aren't we building homes stuffed full of insulation so that they can be heated with a candle? Why don't we look at how folk in cold climates heat their homes?

I would be more critical of a government who stated what they were going to do and then stuck to it regardless of how circumstances changed....

If you were driving from Manchester to London and your car developed a flat tyre, what would you do? carry on regardless or pull over, change the wheel and reach your goal?

A little while back I visited a customer (Old lady) who heated her home with a couple of B&Q decorative flame fires... I explaind that she could have a new heating system free of charge on the Warmfront scheme (She couldn't afford to pay me) I even offered to help her fill in all the paperwork and to attend when the surveyor came and also to come and check that they'd done a good job..... free. Sadly she didn't want to know... Some people are stuck in the past.

I would be more critical of a government who stated what they were going to do and then stuck to it regardless of how circumstances changed..

So you would be more critical of a government for standing by there commitments than one which does U turns?
Real sensible that is.

Sponsored Links
Back