A government of U-turns.

Are you happy with this U-turn government?

• Yes. They are doing a fine job.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No - they made promises just to get elected.

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sadly she didn't want to know... Some people are stuck in the past

She was obviously a lady of principles who didn't want to sponge off the rest of society.
No doubt you were making a nice little earner also on the backs of the (stealth) taxpayer.

Sponsored Links
I would be more critical of a government who stated what they were going to do and then stuck to it regardless of how circumstances changed..

So you would be more critical of a government for standing by there commitments than one which does U turns?
Real sensible that is.

If a situation changes then you have to change your thinking... Clearly you wouldn't bother to change your wheel when you get a flat tyre...

Fact the when the Tories last left office, they left us lean, mean and competitive with a nice little fund for emergencies.... Labour found it and blew it all and hid all of the unemployed in the civil service....

Sadly she didn't want to know... Some people are stuck in the past

She was obviously a lady of principles who didn't want to sponge off the rest of society.
No doubt you were making a nice little earner also on the backs of the (stealth) taxpayer.

Well last Winter she must have been a very cold lady of principal and still had a big gas bill.

I'm curious how you think that I may have made money out doing my best for a customer.... The only money I made was the price of servicing two gas fires. She was a customer, she couldn't afford to have gas central heating fitted but I suggested a scheme that was designed to assist folk like her. Problem?

I'm curious how you think that I may have made money out doing my best for a customer

Vested interest. Had you got the job then it would have been a nice little earner.

Well last Winter she must have been a very cold lady of principal and still had a big gas bill

Well with all the stealth taxes heaped on it, hardly surprising....

Sponsored Links
Point is with no financial lay out by herself, she could have either reduced the burden of heating her home or maintained the cost and been warmer... Perhaps she could have had free loft insulation too but....

No vested interest.... I went to service her fires... Perhaps I would have been able to service her new warmfront scheme boiler when it was due but there was no way she could afford me to fit her heating and to be honest an old terraced house is not my idea of a plum job.

Nothing is free. Someone has to pay for it.
This lady probably worked all her life and 50% of all her earnings probably went to the government. Had they not fleeced her she could probably have afforded her new boiler or a better insulated home.

When she is packed off to the care home they'll come for her property and sell it off to the highest bidder even though she has paid a life time of taxes.

Well if you put it that way, then you British are even more stupid... Paid for somethig that she's entitled to and still doesn't want it even her life would have been enriched by having GCH fitted...

Agreed, nothing in life is free, lets call it non chargable at the point of use... Very EU teminology. She does have the option of staying in a private nursing home, that way she could happily keep her house to leave to her offspring.... But she would probably have to sell her home to pay the charges and when the money dried up, she'd be out on her ear.... At least in a state home she can stay there 'till she be dead..... It is all very well for the Communists among you to grumble that nothing is free, but it never was it is just that Comrade Blair put off paying the bill 'till he was long gone and saving the Middle East from it's self

I'm a little curious about you attitude towards her has changed... At the beginning she was a scrounger sponging off the state if she was to have a Warmfront boiler, now she is entitled to it.... Curious how your attitude changes as more information becomes aparrent... It is a good atitude to have to change according to circumstances... Don't you think? ;)

At the beginning she was a scrounger sponging off the state

No at the beginning she was a lady of priniciple who didn't want to sponge of the state.
Even though you could say she is entitled to a new boiler at taxpayers expense, she might think otherwise.

But what would she have been to you if she had a warmfront boiler fitted? Entitled to it or a scrounger?

I can't help feeling that If I had told you that if she had a warmfront boiler, then you would have claimed that she was a scrounger but since she didn't have it fited then she she was entitled to it and she should have had it... You can't have things both ways. Either way, I'm sure it was the fault of the current government.....

Or put another way - broken promises. They made the claims to get elected - then ignored them all.

NHS reforms? U turn.

Tough on immigration? They gave 'right to remain' to half a million illegal immigrants.

Benefit cap at £26,000 - now not being introduced.

Weekly bin collection - nope. It'll stay fortnightly.

There was an education one too but I've forgotten it.

Are you happy with Cameron lying to get into power?

If the answer is yes, then your post has some validity,,,,
If not,,,, then you have no right to complain about what Cameron or his coalition government are doing.

Would you have been happy with another Labour government?

Let's look at what could have happened had they been re-elected.

NHS reforms...... U Turn. :eek: :eek:

Tough on immigration? ,,, Not a cat in hell's chance.

Benefits cap at £26,000. ...... No way,, Labour need people dependent upon the state, so benefit caps would be set at £50,000.

Weekly bin collection?
Nah it was Labour councils up and down the country who introduced these,,,,,,, you'd probably have a monthly or 6 weekly collection by now.

Education? Hmm lets look how many illiterate children have left education under Labour's terms in parliament. Had Labour been re-elected, the eleven plus exam would have been promoted to uni entrance requirements.

It's time for a complete change. All the main parties are useless. Neither of them will make unpopular decisions. Our electoral system is a popularity contest.

At least the liberals have blown any chance of winning future elections.
at the last election, the best candidate for a genuine, local MP was a Liberal. The fella worked tirelessly up to the election.
You can guess the rest from that day on.

I imagine old people this winter, freezing in their unheated homes, too frightened to put the fire on. At the same time, Cameron is raising a glass of claret at a dinner party, toasting how green the UK is.

A little while back I visited a customer (Old lady) who heated her home with a couple of B&Q decorative flame fires... I explaind that she could have a new heating system free of charge on the Warmfront scheme (She couldn't afford to pay me) I even offered to help her fill in all the paperwork and to attend when the surveyor came and also to come and check that they'd done a good job..... free. Sadly she didn't want to know... Some people are stuck in the past.
Not the case of being stuck in the past, she was septical in that she probably did not believe it would be totally free, more than likely never claimed for anything in her life.

Wotan

Governments come and go, but the civil service is always with us
How often do you hear the likes of Gus O'Donnell mentioned in the news?

http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/about/leadership/gus/index.aspx

he's one of the current permanent secretaries (permanent as in they stay)
heres some of their salaries (compare them to the PM's etc)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_188114

you see when the country is in a state of unrest you call an election and let the people THINK that they can pick someone else to run things

Sponsored Links
Back