A Hermann Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know much about this ( I think Italian) brand.

i have a COMBI 24 which has performed ok until a new tenant moved in.

It gives hot water but will not now activate on CH

In order to start the boiler he ramped up the pressure to over nearly threee bar.

The boiler fired up and hot water suply is fine.

He says the CH came on but the pressure contiued to climb and the pressure isolation valve activated pouring hot water through the outside vent pipe. ( I assume they reopened the repressuring switches) They then switched it all off and called me to report a fault! :(

Now the CH wont kick in at all, and the pressure remains at sub 3bar.

Is lowering the pressure likely to help? and if so how do I do it.

Any other advice would be helpful, though I shall call in a pro if its complicated as they have a small baby and cant afford to be without heating.

Thanks
Terry P

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about the baby, it won't even notice. Babies are just tools parents use to try to get things done.

No "Combi 24" on the current web site and I don't have a manual for it, but current models look pretty ordinary inside so wouldn't expect a problem fault finding it though spares could be a different matter.
ANy other name on it?

Pressure relief valves often leak once they've let water out, but since yours already has you may as well use it (turn) to let some more out to get the pressure back to 1 - 1.5.

Thanks Chris - I'm sure your right about the baby!!

I will see how it goes with the pressure release valve.Thanks
Terry

Hern, if you let property then you must get a Landlords Gas safety Certificate.

I still expect there is a problem with the boiler based on exactly what you have written.

I think it may be as a result of dirt in the system but my advise is to get a certificate and ask the CORGI engineer to check the boilers operation ( as he should do when he does the Certificate.

Because these are very uncommon in the UK check first that the engineer is comfortable with that make.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ahaaa the herman.
i remember the makers instructions translation to english was rather amusing.
one quote was.the gas boiler utilization is forbidden to childern and inexperienced people.
next quote.only authorzied hermann engineers can make adjustments.
these boilers the ones i have seen have no gc number and only the newer ones have ce mark.i think.

Who has been importing these boilers into the UK?

Tony

well, like most things italian.
started off with a good idea just got sidetracked down the years with women

i dont think she was dreaming of a wall hung boiler.

Yep - you all seem to know Hermann very well! The instruction leaflet is hilarious and makes me think there is a whole new career in decent translation - correcting exeisting websites.

In fact, because i didnt want to go inside the boiler (well hung or not!) I reduced the pressure manually (don't go there) to 1 bar cold by draining a rad - and its ok. Phew!

it is due for its Certificate on 18th July so will get the once over then anyway.

Many thanks all.
Terry P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back