A Level project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am currently studying product design A level and am in the process of designing a car creeper and it would be extremely helpful to get some feedback from some real life potential customers. I am designing a creeper that incorporates many different functions whilst still performing as a normal trolley. My plans so far are some sort of lighting to light up the underneath of the car, height adjustable depending on if you were working on a truck or a lowered car, tool tray.
So I was thinking what are the common problems you have when working underneath a car (when it's not up on a two post lift)? And what kind of things would be helpful to see infused with the ordinary creeper?
Can't wait to hear the feedback! Much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
My problems include scrabbling around for the odd spanner that I thought I had just by my side, and also some sort of magnetic tray would be grand for collecting bolts etc.
Lighting would be useful but would need to be focussed around the head area, obviously enough.
A head rest that could be slightly inclined would be a bonus too, but even with the car on axle stands, access is very limited.
John :)

As above and a safety message (one) clearly visible not to go under a vehicle without supporting it, with axle stands/solid supports. And do a simple shake test before commencing work. Shake the vehicle to see if it fall off the stands.

Lights: Light Emitting Diodes, LED's ?
Battery: Integrated into the frame, rechargeable from the mains overnight?
European Standards: It will have to be tested to get your CE mark, so that might be an venue you could investigate?

Good luck with your studies.

Sponsored Links
My problems include scrabbling around for the odd spanner that I thought I had just by my side, and also some sort of magnetic tray would be grand for collecting bolts etc.
Lighting would be useful but would need to be focussed around the head area, obviously enough.
A head rest that could be slightly inclined would be a bonus too, but even with the car on axle stands, access is very limited.
John :)
I wonder if magnetic strips along either side would be handy to stick that spanner to? I just wish I could catch that little bloke who nips in and moves that spanner!
In general, I'd avoid making it too complicated. The best tools are the ones that just do what they're supposed to, but do that very well.

An adjustable head rest would be awesome. Would save loads of neck fatigue.

Sponsored Links
Back