A level Consumer Evaluation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am studying A level 3D product design at school and as part of my major project deceided to build a lounger chair. As a vital part of the folder work to accompany my project I have to get consumer feedback. So if you have the time to evaluate my chair, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
looks comfy apart from the head/neck area....that doesnt look like it will be very kind on your neck.

I wouldn't fancy coming round your house on a visit if thats what I had to sit on! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nice modern design, would perhaps angle the 'bottom' area down a bit more to stop you sliding off the end, or maybe make it adjustable?

I like the construction of the framework which looks well thought out and realised.
I think perhaps you could have done some better research into upholstery techniques for the padding. Perhaps this area lets the overall product down.
I would also suggest you consider at the original stage how you use chairs/furniture. Yours for example I would suggest appears to be for a very specific use- such as a dentists chair is. Owing to the design I could not imagine that this would be particularly comfortable for long periods of time as a general use chair.
Good work though and I applaud the efforts you have taken to support your project.

Obviously not yet finished so a bit difficult to judge how the finished article would look so not an awful lot to go on; is this going to be the first of more feedback sessions as it develops?

Positives
• Basic concept looks OK, I assume it’s ergonomically designed?
• Construction looks OK but not sure about the overall strength from what I can see in pic 3; depends on the frame construction which I can’t see
• Not sure how construction method would relate to cost effective production but perhaps not in your brief
• The roundy bits at the top/bottom are a nice touch; not sure if they have a purpose but could help to soften the distinctly “chunky” look it has at the moment

Negatives
• Rather angular & chunky looking at the mo but hopefully upholstery will tone it down
• It doesn’t look adjustable; for a lounger I think that is an essential feature unless you have some sort of rocking motion to amuse yourself with – but perhaps not in your brief
• It’s going to look like a substantial piece of furniture; loungers are a fairly modern concept, should be more subtle IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back